平庸版：He was happy.
进阶版:1. Her eyes shone/glittered/sparkled /twinkled with joy.
2. Her face lit up with pleasure.（容光焕发）
3. Her heart was pounding with excitement. （砰砰直跳）
4. Happiness/joy/pleasure/delight took hold of him.(极度开心)
5. She was overflowing with happiness/joy/pleasure/delight.(幸福洋溢)
6. He shed tears of joy.（流下开心的泪水）
1. His eyes twinkled with pleasure when he saw the news.
2. He grinned with delight when he saw us.
3. The smile on her face shone like a diamond.
4. I couldn’t restrain my joy and jumped into the house.
5. He cast us a look/glance,with his face wearing a broad/wide/radiant/warm smile.
6. When his mother kissed him on the cheek,it seemed as if the baby were on the top of the world.
平庸版：He was sad.
不同的哭：cry 哭（泛指，哭出声） sob 呜咽，啜泣 wail 嚎啕大哭 weep 小声/无声流泪
burst into tears 放声大哭 fight back tears 抑制住泪水
be close to tears / be on the verge of tears 快要哭了 be in tears 含泪
Her eyes were wet with tears
1. He sighed with disappointment.
2. He struggled to fight back his tears.
3. His eyes brimmed with tears of sorrow.
4. He stood silently, tears rolling down his cheeks.
5. I feel like I am floating in an ocean of sadness.
6. I saw an old lady wailing with fist beating her chest in the street corner. 我看到一个老奶奶在街角捶胸痛哭。
7. When he embraced me with his arms open wide, I felt my throat choke with sob. 当他张开双臂拥抱我时，我觉得自己喉头哽咽。
8. Upon hearing the bad news, she felt seized by a burst of sadness and couldn’t help crying bitterly. 一听到这个坏消息，她就被一股悲伤之感控制，忍不住哭泣。
平庸版：He was nervous.
1. Standing in the classroom, I became increasingly nervous and could feel my heart beating wildly. 站在教室里，我越来越紧张，我能听见自己心跳加速的声音。
2. Her face turned pale, feeling like sitting on pins and needles.
3. Before the competition, his palms were sweaty and knees were soft.
4. At the sight of the fierce wolf, I felt so scared that my throat tightened and my knees felt weak. 看到恶狼，我喉咙发紧，膝盖发软。
5. At the sight of the fierce wolf, I froze with terror, too scared to move an inch. 看到恶狼，我被吓呆到一动不动。
6. At the sight of the fierce wolf, I was seized by a strong sense of horror and my palms were sweating. 看到恶狼，我被一股强烈的恐惧感攫住了，掌心流汗。
平庸版： He was embarrassed/ashamed.
1. His face flushed(通红)/burned(燃烧)with embarrassment/shame.
2. He hung/dropped/lowered his head in shame.
3. She felt so ashamed that she could feel her face burning.
4. So ashamed was she that she could feel the blood rush to her face.
5. So ashamed did she feel that she was close to tears.
平庸版： He was angry.
进阶表达：fly off the handle 勃然大怒 lose one’s temper发脾气
1. His voice trembled with anger/rage(愤怒).
2. He glared at me with burning eyes.
3. Filled with anger/fury(狂怒)，Tom was unable to utter a single word.
4. Boiling with rage，Tom shook his fist at me.
平庸版：He felt hopeless/desperate.
1. Upon hearing the bad news, he was suddenly thrown into a world of darkness and sank into hopelessness.
2. He felt left out and was getting desperate with loneliness.
3. His beliefs in looking forward and seeing the positive in everything deserted him.（被信念抛弃）
平庸版：I thanked my father.
1. I ran over to my father, reached out my hands and hugged/embraced him tightly/firmly.
2. With grateful tears hanging in his eyes, he kept extending（表达）his gratitude(感激）， “Thank you so much!”
平庸版： He felt encouraged.
1. Taking a deep breath, I managed to calm myself down and walked up to the platform confidently.
2. I walked over to him, and patted him on the shoulder, encouraging: “Come on!”
平庸版： He was surprised/shocked.
1. His eyes grew wide/widened with surprise/astonishment(震惊)when he heard the news.
2. It’s hard to believe. He didn’t accept the job that he was long for.
3. Grandfather’s death was really a bolt from the blue for me.
平庸版： He felt confused.
1. With a confused look on his face, he had no idea what to do.
2. He scratched his head, having on idea what to do.
3. He scratched his head, not understanding a word.